Free Neil Gaiman short story on Audible


From audible.com:

Two years ago, author, narrator, and screenwriter Neil Gaiman proposed that, every year for Halloween, people give each other scary books. We couldn't agree more. So this year, we're putting our money where our mouth is. Scare yourself or someone you love with the never-before-seen (or heard) short story Click-Clack the Rattlebag, written and narrated by Neil himself, and Audible will donate $1 for every download through Halloween up to $100,000 to the education charity DonorsChoose.org.

Share this link to spread chills and goodwill with as many people as possible, and tweet @neilhimself and @audible_com using hashtag #ScareUs to let us know how scary you thought Click-Clack and the Rattlebag was, or to share your own scary story.

If you are in the UK, visit Audible.co.uk, where donations will go to the education charity BookTrust.

Here's the blurb:

"'What kind of story would you like me to tell you?' 'Well,' he said, thoughtfully, 'I don't think it should be too scary, because then when I go up to bed, I will just be thinking about monsters the whole time. But if it isn't just a little bit scary, then I won't be interested. And you make up scary stories, don't you?'" So begins this sweet, witty, deceptive little tale from master storyteller Neil Gaiman. Lock the doors, turn off the lights, and enjoy.

Follow this link to download "Click-Clack the Rattlebag."

1 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

It's incredibly hard to get to download anything on this site. After an arduous sarch I've found the library with the download (I couldn't find it again though - it pops up on its own whim), and installd their player, and then changed the settings accordingly, but it still doesn't let me download and wants to re-install the player. Good that this advertising warned me of ever using this absurd service. And I just wanted to confirm my belief that this was a ridiculous story...