Jacqueline Carey contest winners!


Our five winners will receive a complimentary copy of Jacqueline Carey's Naamah's Blessing, courtesy of the nice folks at Grand Central Publishing. For more info about this title: Canada, USA,Europe.

The winners are:

- Emily Lehmann, from Forest Lake, Minnesota, USA

- Kellie Dotson, from El Cajon, California, USA

- Kristen Alldredge, from Sunderland, Massachusetts, USA

- Rebekah Kati, from Morrisville, North Carolina, USA

- Kaylan Senour, from Graniteville, South Carolina

Many thanks to all the participants!

4 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Clearly women like this book.

Babel said...

So it seems, perhaps because men tend to read books written by men and about men?

Anonymous said...

Jarred, I had the same thought. Does this point toward the stereotype that "man on cover = fantasy for general audience" and "woman on cover = fantasy for female audience?" Do (male) readers see a "female on cover" book as "chick lit?"

Anonymous said...

As one of the contest winners, I was shocked when a copy of Naamah's Blessing showed up on my doorstep, given that I haven't been online at all recently. One day later, I'm almost finished with the book - thank you so much for hosting this contest!

And to answer the previous commentators on this post, I only got into Jacqueline Carey after her writing was referred to me by a number of people whose book opinions I trusted - the majority of whom were men. I'm not saying that sample is necessarily representative, nor does it address the stereotype itself, but I do think it's safe to say that there are a lot of men these days who don't think twice about picking up a book with a female protagonist.