For the last time: I AM NOT Patrick Rothfuss!!!

I honestly don't know how or why this is happening. . . Again. I know I was the first person to review The Name of the Wind, and I'm thus responsible for starting that internet buzz surrounding his fantasy debut. Along with Rob, I was probably the first one to do a full-length interview with the guy. And yes, we have the same literary agent in Matt Bialer. But that doesn't make me Patrick Rothfuss! After all, you can't really mistake one Pat for the other. Indeed, I'm much more handsome than that scruffy-looking Rothfuss fellow!:P

No but seriously, this is getting a little weird. At first, receiving emails and PMs from fans asking me if I'd be willing to sign their copy of The Name of the Wind and other stuff was kind of funny. But now I'm wondering how it all began. And with a new thread on a message board that claims that this is Patrick Rothfuss' blog, I guess I have to set the record straight once more.

Patrick Rothfuss' blog can be found here. Mind you, it's a good blog, though not as cool as the Hotlist, that goes without saying!;-)

Pat: No worries -- I never signed any of your books! Other than a few Goodkind and Stanek jokes thrown into the mix, no third parties were harmed in the process!:-) By the way, when can I expect my galley of Wise Man's Fear!?!

9 commentaires:

PISK BENTO said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you for information

Anonymous said...

Sorry but but someone like me whos read the sword of truth series finds the comparison of goodkind to stanek to be like saying captain underpants and isaac asimov are on the same level

Ed S. said...

Maybe to avoid confusion you should just change your first name to something that no other author is using. Something like Gustav or Englebert or Beegie or Hann-Jing or ... Say, why don't we have a contest and pick a new name for you?

Anonymous said...

Don't be coy, Pat. We know it's really you!

Flip Dixon said...

Whatever you say, Mr. Rothfuss.

Anonymous said...

It's easy to tell the difference--his blog is way funnier and cleverer.

Larry said...

I thought you were the webmaster for Goodkind's site. My bad? :(

Neil Richard said...

You know what bothers me about this post? Not that people confuse you for Patrick Rothfuss. Not that you were the first to review his book and interview him. Not that you have an agent. None of those bother me.

What bothers me is that you get a galley of the next book.

Damn. I wish someone would send me one.

Patrick said...

Larry: What we say behind closed doors should remain that way... Don't blow my cover, man!:P

Just like what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!